Pages

Elder Cho and Billy Barnes

Friday, May 29

Today (Tuesday) was a long day of interviews for Ken, with me talking with the other missionaries waiting their turn to visit with Ken? I asked about the English class they teach, their investigators who they are working with, what they learned in personal study, etc. With Elder Cho I asked to look at his photo book (of his family that each missionary is supposed to have with him). With each page I asked questions, learning about how his whole family joined the church. They went on a trip to Missouri and met a woman who invited them to church. Sometime after they arrived back in Korea they were baptized. When I looked at the picture of Elder Cho¹s family dressed in white baptismal clothes I saw Billy (Caitlin¹s husband) as the missionary who baptized him (the younger brother/boy on the far right side of the photo).  I was excited to tell our missionary that the elder who baptized him married President Barrow’s niece.



Elder Cho today (same boy that is in the photo on the far right)



Last night, Wednesday, on our way home from interviews we noticed a lunar eclipse starting, that we didn’t even know about. I called Ben at home to tell him to look outside at the moon. I took this picture through our car window while Dad was driving us home. Ben sent a picture of the moons which he thought looked red but by the time he sent it to us, and we got home, it did not look red, outside.




I don¹t know if you can remember the children’s book Flat Stanley. One year your cousin, Trenton (I think) sent us a Flat Stanley which we took with us on trip to Utah, and took a picture of it to send back to him. As I was talking with a sister missionary today she showed me the Korean Flat Stanley her sister made and sent to her in the mail this day.


No comments:

Post a Comment