Pages

Not a Cherry Tree!!

Tuesday, August 23

I made a white sheet cake for one of the zone conferences and our New Zealand sister missionary was excited to see the Hundreds and Thousands on top (what we call sprinkles).



This year the cicadas have been especially loud.  One night Dad and I found some empty shells underneath a grouping of trees so we brought back a few to our home.  The next day at church I put one on my shoulder/cardigan and walked toward Sister George.  As soon as she saw the cicada on my shoulder she started walking backwards shaking her head, she would not come near me! But then when we got into Gospel Principles class Sister George and Vicky (the long time investigator) wanted to see it and hold it and talk about it.  Vicky took it home with her.



On the way to zone conferences I happened to look up and see this sign advertising an English school.



We got a brand new piano for the mission home a couple of weeks ago.  I don’t play the piano so I didn’t think much about it.  But when Ben got home that was one of the first things he noticed.




On the way to another zone conference we saw these “Cherry Blossom” trees but then did a double take.  It’s not the season for Cherry Blossom trees.  Those trees were actually made of many Korean flags bunched together.






No comments:

Post a Comment