Pages

Believe in Miracles!

Tuesday, May 16

We had a long day filled with good meetings. First of all the assistants informed Dad that they forgot the translation equipment so the translator who traveled from Seoul would not have the needed equipment. So she stood next to Elder Whiting and translated (which means it cut the meeting in half time wise, UGH!).
 

Sister Dustin cooked a Thanksgiving meal lunch for 70 plus people. It was delicious, she is amazing! The candy corn on the tables was probably Dad’s favorite! He put some in his pocket for the car ride home.  Elder Whiting started off asking our missionaries what they learned from Elder Bednar’s visit just a couple of weeks ago; is our mission any different today after Elder and Sister Bednar visited? Did it change you or was it just a nice visit (with an Apostle)?  With that thought in mind I remembered when Elder Bednar was in our home and I wished I had prepared some specific questions to ask him from my personal studies. So when we got in the car to drive home from the Suseong building I asked Elder Whiting if I could ask him questions (I did not just say “Teach us!”). He didn’t just give me answers; he listened to my questions/thoughts from studies and opened up some discussion between all of us in the car.  Elder Whiting spoke about the Holy Ghost. He told of his daughter, Abby, from Hawaii being called to serve in Siberia/Russia.Wowie Zowie, miracles took place. She chose to enjoy her mission rather than just endure her mission.  He shared D&C 138:1-2,11 Joseph F. Smith pondering his eyes were opened/saw.  Companionship study/ponder/reflect/open mind  Planning, language study, all aspects of missionary work.  It reminded me of my studies a few days ago in Helaman 10:1 (Nephi, a prophet, and the people went their ways, leaving him alone . . .I am amazed because I would want to walk with him and ask questions). 2 went his way pondering (as he was walking home). 3 a voice came unto him (verse 6 identifies the voice as being from God) 5 bless thee forever :7 given the sealing power. All because he pondered!  Elder Whiting said there is a fine line between Pondering and Wandering.  Well there is so much more that I could share from my notes but we can discuss later/ask questions.  We got home after a long tiring drive through bunches of traffic, to find that Sister Lee had prepared samgyeopsal for us to cook for ourselves at home. That was so nice of her!  We ended up having a problem with the cooking grill so that Elder Whiting needed some help . . Anyway, I believe in miracles!



No comments:

Post a Comment