Pages

Relief Society Celebration

Tuesday, May 16

Here is my recent leap of faith story/experience . . .Friday afternoon the office elders rode the subway with me to the end of the orange line where they put me on a city bus that took me to the Ulsan district/zone where a sister missionary team met me and we walked to the Hogye church building. We waited there until more sisters showed up to give me a ride to (I don’t know where in Gyeongju) to attend a Relief Society ‘75 years Anniversary Celebration (overnight campout for the Ulsan District women). I rode in the car with three women (the Korean woman in the last picture sat in the back seat of the car with me and she can speak enough English to translate for me sometimes throughout Friday and Saturday. He name is Sister Lee?? And she actually is quite talented with languages having married a German man and lived in Switzerland the majority of the year.). The first two pictures show the women gathered in one of the two tiny rooms we stayed in, with a tiny bathroom at the back left side of the picture. These same two rooms are where we slept. We were gathered here for a discuss about How to Dress a Body for Burial. I don’t know why that was the topic of conversation except that it may be difficult to gather these women together from all around the district so they needed to cover this topic?? The woman sitting next to me with dark hair, in the third picture, is Anna Lisa Fowler. She and her husband are here in Korea for his work; and this is their second time to be here in the last few years. She said her home is in Colordao, but that they recently did some work out of Sugar Land, Texas. In fact, they attended the Sugar Land 2nd ward a few times and the 1st ward, too (even there when the Ashton’s gave their farewell talk). I joke about this experience exercising my faith but the idea of spending 24 hours or more with women who I don¹t know and cannot communicate within a location that I did not know where, (camping!) without my own bathroom . . . Was out of my comfort zone! But I did it and survived!






No comments:

Post a Comment