Pages

February 2017 - Lunch before training meeting

Tuesday, May 16

Sister Lee was nice about making me a separate pot of Bulgogi (just for me) as the rest of the meal was seafood (mackerel, anchovies, daechee gooksup, oysters/clams, etc).  Brother Oh, from the Seoul church offices, came down to work on the commuter problems in our mission office (he services all the computer problems in all four of the Korea Missions).  He was able to set up Ben’s old laptop computer for me to use when we have to ship back to America my desk top computer along with all of our personal belongings.  I had him look at my iPad which I have not been able to figure out as it has not been able to send email from my account.  Guess what!  It’s not just my LACK of technology skills.  Brother Oh could not figure out the problem (And I watched him using his phone to research Earthlink problem solving tips).  Oh well.  Because Brother Oh was here, at the same time that our newest missionaries and their trainers were here to eat lunch before the Half Training Meeting, he joined us for lunch.  Brother Oh gave interesting conversation as the George’s would ask him questions (preparing to teach the YSA at tonight’s fireside that they were speaking at)(marriage advice, mission advice, work/schooling advice, military advice).  In Korea the culture is for men to finish schooling and military AND save enough money to put about half down on a house before marriage.  For LDS men it is difficult trying to plan when to serve a mission (before or after mandatory military service)(before or after university studies) and then having the courage to marry as soon as possible.  It reminded me of the Liahona article by Elder Yoon Hwan Choi in the September 2016 




No comments:

Post a Comment